May 7th, 2013
The novelties in the Roman Catholic Paul VI Mass drive traditionalists wild. Trads try to make liberals see reason.
What traditionalists don’t realise is that the New Mass is considered a celebration, focussing on “The Lord’s Banquet”. The performer faces the audience. The audience join in and seem to be integral, as it’s called “The People’s Mass”. The are constantly told to be joyous.
Thus, it is not commonly said solemnly, as the old rite is. For who is solemn and quiet at a banquet? Who kneels down to be fed at a banquet? Who tells the congregation to be quiet at a supper? No one! That would be mad.
What liberals don’t understand is that you cannot then expect the congregation at such an event to treat it with awe. No one is awed at a supper. No one is awed when they see people like themselves in street clothes on stage. None one is awed when the sacred object is passed into their hands, like at a food queue. No one is awed by bland hymns. They can’t be!
If you do it one way (solemn, exclusive and mysterious) or another (populist) you can’t then reasonably expect the same behaviour from the congregation.
“I wish the people were more involved” we imagine an pre-1962 priest thinking.
“I wish the people were more solemn and respectful” we imagine a post-1970 priest thinking.
December 5th, 2012
1. Evil is done by men, not by God.
2. A material universe means decay. Material things decay. This is in the nature of material things. This decay is confused with evil.
3. That there is more than one being means opposition between beings. Angels opposed God, man opposes God and men oppose each other. People pursue their own ends and come into opposition with one another. This leads to evil.
4. People pay for their own sins, those of their family and of their society. Sinful action begets a reaction. This reaction may be just or evil.
5. Without the possibility of great evil there cannot be the possibility of great good. The concept would not exist.
6. Men must have the ability to choose to do evil if they are also to have the ability to choose good. The singular Being that made everything wants us freely to choose good, as He is good. This makes us like Him and different to angels, who, united with Him all the time, only wish to do good.
November 12th, 2012
Maiden aunts of both sexes, who bristle at someone being rude to someone else and want them prosecuted for it, are useful idiots for those imposing creeping repression on ‘free’ Western societies.
Y’can’t have it both ways.
A man has to be free to call another man a n*gger or a f*ggot if you want to be free to criticise the Capitalist Patriarchy.
November 11th, 2012
We are more intelligent than animals.
The universe is huge.
It is likely there are entities more intelligent and powerful than us.
The universe is finite.
Therefore there is one being who is the most intelligent and powerful of all beings.
How can we lower creatures totally understand higher ones?
If there are beings in a relation to us, as we are to amoebas, then they may exist outside of the constraints of time, space and mortality that we suffer. We cannot comprehend them, as mice cannot comprehend us.
Now we make a jump.
People report seeing ghosts and demons. They report life after death and life beyond the material plane. They get information about the material plane which they could not have got by currently understandable means. This has been going on for as long as Man has existed.
The behaviour of ghosts, demons, angels and the denizens of heaven is like that of beings unconstrained by four-dimensional space-time. They materialse at will and can ‘see’ the future. They intersect with our plane of existence in ways which are frightening to us, as they come from ‘above’. They are like adults doing mysterious things that babies can’t grasp. They foretell the future because they stand outside linear time and can see probabilities coalescing further ahead.